How Easy Is It To Install Shower Panel Wall Kits Yourself?
If you’re looking to redesign your bathroom, then replacing old shower walls is a great way to refresh it, making it both more aesthetically appealing and more practical. One of the best ways to up their practicality is to choose shower panels instead of some of their contemporaries.
As well as offering a very wide range of shower panel designs, Floors to Walls offers full shower panel wall kits, giving you everything that you need to install it yourself. However, if you have tried your hand at tiling before, you might be a little wary about trying to install your own shower walls.
However, one of the big benefits of shower wall panels is that they are much easier to install, yourself. Here, we’ll look at just how easy it is to install your own shower panel walls.
What do you need?
When you buy a shower panel well kit from Floors to Walls, you don’t need to worry about having to buy any additional resources. We provide the end trim, the internal trim, and the clad seal strip that you need.
You will, however, need some tools to help you complete the installation. This includes a caulking gun, tape measure, a sharp blade ,a screwdriver or drill, and a saw (electric or straight-edged.) Don’t forget to stay safe with a pair of safety gloves and goggles, as well.
Measure everything up first
Before you order the shower panel wall kits you need, you should take the time to carefully and accurately measure the height of the wall. The panels that you choose should be longer than the space that you want to cover. All of the wall panels we offer are designed to run from the floor to the ceiling, so this shouldn’t be an issue.
When you measure the wall width, you should divide that overall width by the width of the panels that you are buying. For instance, if you’re buying 25cm wall panels for a 275cm wide wall, then you’re going to need to order 11 panels for it.
If you already have tiles or plasterboard on the walls, it’s nothing to worry about. So long as they’re level with them, shower panels can be installed over these without too much worry.
Choose the kit that meets your needs
At Floors to Walls, we offer a very wide range of shower wall panel kits, all of them designed to suit two-sided and three-side shower enclosures. Each of the kits is going to include all of the trims and sealants needed to complete the installation. So long as you have the tools as recommended above, you should be ready to go.
So, what should determine which shower panels you choose? You can choose between two-sided and three-side options, but aside from that, the biggest difference between the products that we offer is the aesthetic. We have shower panels that are designed to look like all manner of materials, including marble, concrete, wood, and other unique and modern looking designs. Take a look at the shower wall panel kits section on the site to get a better idea of what’s available.
Installing your shower panel wall
- Most of our shower panels are designed to reach from the floor to the ceiling. However, if you do need to cut any of the panels to fit a specific space, you should lay it flat with support beneath. The front face of the panel should face up. Carefully mark out the cutting lines and use masking tape to protect the edges.
- Put your safety goggles and gloves on. You can cut the panels and remove any excess using an electric or straight edge saw. A Stanley knife might also work but it would take a lot more effort due to the toughness of the material.
- Use the internal panel trims provided, screwing them into the wall using a screwdriver or a power drill.
- Apply a generous amount of the provided sealant to the back of the panel. You can use a sanding pad to help the sealant stick even more effectively. Place the panel inside the trims and hold it gently against the wall.
- Attach the end trim now by using sealant inside the trim and sliding them onto the ends of the shower panel.
The benefits of shower panel wall kits
Hopefully, the step by step provided above shows how easy it can be to fit your own shower panel walls and complete the perfect look for your shower. However, if you’re not convinced yet, there are other benefits worth considering:
- They’re stylish thanks to their ability to come in a wide range of designs, including those that emulate the look of other materials, such as wood, marble, granite, and the like.
Why Choose Floors To Walls
If you’ve been convinced and realised that it’s not difficult, at all, to install a shower panel, then you should take a look at the extensive range of shower wall panel kits we have to offer. There are all manners of styles to choose from, each of them coming with all of the materials you need to install them yourself.
If you need any help during the process, whether it’s in choosing the wall panels that suit your bathroom or in installing them, you can get in contact with our team for advice.