Keeping your PVC shower panels clean can help them to stay looking presentable. It’s also important for removing bacteria and fungi so that your bathroom stays hygienic.
Fortunately, our Floors To Walls PVC wall panels are very easy to clean. It’s one of their many benefits over tiles. This post explains exactly why PVC shower panels could be a good option for your bathroom, as well as detailing some of the best ways to clean them.
Why choose PVC shower panels?
More homeowners are switching from tiles to wall panels. This is because PVC shower panels have so many added perks. Some of the great reasons to choose PVC wall panels include:
- Easy cutting
- Easy installation
- Totally waterproof
- Diverse range of styles
- And, most importantly, easier to maintain
Unlike tiles, panels do not use grouting. As anyone who has tiles in their home knows, grouting can be a nuisance. Dirt and mould can easily become trapped and can be very hard to scrub out. Quite often, tiles end up having to be re-grouted because the grouting becomes too dirty or starts to crumble.
PVC shower panels don’t have this problem. They consist of single large boards that interlock, which provides a consistent smooth surface for cleaning. At Floors To Walls, we offer a vast range of PVC panels to explore - you can check out our collection here on this site.
How to keep your PVC shower panels clean
Lack of grouting makes PVC wall panels much easier to clean. But it’s still worth noting that there is a correct way to clean them. Not all cleaning solutions and implements should be used on these panels - in fact, some could cause damage.
So just what is the correct way to clean PVC shower panels? Firstly, you’ll want to choose a non-abrasive cloth or sponge. Rough sponges and cloths could scratch the panels. Meanwhile, when it comes to cleaning solutions, there are a few options:
- Vinegar and hot soapy water is a great DIY option that should help to get rid of any grime.
- You can also use washing up liquid - this is not too harsh and will leave your wall panels squeaky clean
- There are a number of branded cleaning solutions on the market that are designed for wall panels. These typically come in a spray bottle and you can shop around for them online. Make sure to only choose products that are designed for use on PVC surfaces.
You should avoid using bleach and other harsh chemicals on PVC wall panels as they could potentially discolour or corrode your panels. Using less harsh chemicals will help to preserve the life of your panels for years to come.
When it comes to cleaning your PVC panels with soapy water, the following step-by-step guide can help:
- Grab your non-abrasive sponge/cloth and bucket of hot soapy water. Soak the sponge and run it over the panels so that they are all wet and soapy.
- Allow the panels to soak for two to five minutes. This will help to loosen up stubborn dirt and remove any marks.
- Rinse your sponge or cloth and proceed to scrub each panel. Use small circular motions to help remove any stubborn dirt. You shouldn’t have to put in too much elbow grease.
- Rinse the panels down using your showerhead. All the soapy water and grime should rinse off. If there are any marks left, feel free to go over them again.
- To avoid streak marks, consider going over your panels with a dry microfiber cloth. Afterwards, your panels should look brand new.
It is recommended that you use a clean cloth every time you clean your shower panels. Avoid using the same cloth you use to clean the toilet unless it has been thoroughly disinfected first.
It’s worth cleaning your shower panels once per week. This will stop any stubborn dirt from building up. If you have a large household and people are regularly using the shower, you may want to consider cleaning it twice per week.
Cleaning your panels is a task that should only take a few minutes. It’s a lot less time-consuming than cleaning tiles and doesn’t require as much elbow grease. Many people find that the best time to clean their shower is directly after they’ve used it - you can quickly clean while you’re already there and you don’t have to worry about getting wet.
Order your shower panels today
As you can see above, cleaning PVC shower panels is easy. Many people who are tired of cleaning tiles find that their lives are much simpler when switching to PVC shower panels. The fact that these panels are so easy to install is an added benefit.
When choosing the right size of panels, take the time to get the measurements right. Ideally, you don’t want any gaps between your panels, as this could let in mould and dirt that will be hard to get out (plus it could cause water damage to your walls). Our panels at Floors To Walls are fortunately very easy to cut precisely. Many of them also have tongue and groove edges that interlock to reduce gaps.
You can explore a range of different shower panel designs here on our site. A major advantage of PVC wall panels is that they can be designed to mimic all kinds of other materials like wood and stone. We even have shower panel designs that look like tiles (but without the grouting). All of these panels come with a smooth finish that is easy to wipe down.
At Floors To Walls, we strive to offer the best prices around for our PVC shower panels. Using Klarna, it’s also possible to pay in instalments. Take a look around our store to find the right style for you and place your order today. In some cases, we are able to offer same day delivery, so that you get on with installation as soon as possible. Feel free to also check out our other products if you’re planning a bathroom renovation.